»

25 April 2012

Guiliana is Having A Baby!

For those of you who don't keep up with the entertainment world, Guiliana Rancic is an E!News anchor who has had a very open and public battle with infertility. She has gone through several unsuccessful IVF cycles and has suffered a miscarriage. Before starting up another IVF cycle, she was diagnosed with breast cancer so she had to put her dreams of having a child on hold. She and her husband are now expecting a child through a surrogate. So now she has beat cancer and infertility. You may be wondering why I care or why it even matters? When I read this headline while browsing through my ABC News app, I smiled. I was genuinely happy for her and I don't even know her. Perhaps its because I can relate to her struggle with infertility. But all I know is that it has been a long time since I have been genuinely happy about anyone's pregnancy announcement (famous or not). Not that I wasn't happy for people, especially those closest to me. Infertility is a lonely and painful place to be so I would never wish that on anyone. But the little joy I would feel was usually overwhelmed by feelings of sadness. I would think about how I wish that could be me. Or how this person started trying after me and got pregnant so quickly. Or how this person is now having a child and I'm still not even pregnant. Or how if I would have gotten pregnant when I first started trying I would have a child right now. Praise God for my renewed sense of peace and patience. I am thankful that I can truly feel joy for someone else at this point in my life.

1 comments:

Samuel said...

Im happy for your new found peace and excitement for others I believe God smiles at that and feels that now we may be ready for the next step in our journey. I love you sweetness.

Post a Comment